Instacart offers alcohol delivery from select Costco warehouses. You can check availability in your area with the app or website.
Some legal restrictions apply to alcohol orders—
- Customers must be 21 or older to order alcohol items and provide an approved photo ID showing their birthdate at delivery.
- We can’t add alcohol special requests.
- If an alcohol item is out of stock, your shopper will contact you to get approval for a replacement. Otherwise, they’ll refund the items.
- Shoppers can only add alcohol to replace other alcoholic items.
Shoppers must deliver to recipients that are 21 or older and will verify your age and scan your ID when they deliver. Your information isn’t stored on shoppers’ personal devices. Some states require a signature before the alcohol can be delivered.
Special restrictions include—
- We can’t deliver alcohol to visibly intoxicated persons or leave alcohol unattended.
- We can’t deliver alcohol if the customer doesn’t meet all delivery requirements. In these cases, we refund the alcohol and return it to the store. The customer may still be charged delivery fees, bottle deposit fees, or the tip.
Valid forms of identification (ID)
Instacart accepts these valid forms of ID for alcohol deliveries from Costco—
- United States-issued driver's license with photo
- United States-issued military ID
- State-issued identification card
Please note— Instacart temporarily accepts expired drivers licenses and state IDs for alcohol orders if—
- The ID expired on or after March 1, 2020 AND the customer is 35 or older (in all states except California and New York), OR
- The customer is 65 or older, regardless of the state or expiration date